How to Fix ‘McAfee Installation Stuck at 83’ issue? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Janella Randall
Janella Randall Jan 27 '23

McAfee is one of the globally and trending antivirus software program utilized by way of the users to hold their machine blanketed in opposition to the on line attacks. These on line assaults like viruses, malware, hackers’ assaults and many extra do assault the device, as soon as they are getting related with the internet.

This is due to the fact the customers are incredibly indulged inside on line activities, presently whether or not it comes about purchasing or making the charge to the different users. The Internet has already given a new way to customers with the aid of making their existence convenient and simple. But it has raised the dangers of being hacked too. This is the solely reason, now not solely McAfee however different enterprise does furnish its safety products.

Sometimes, the users do face some issues while installing the McAfee Activate product onto their device. One such commonly faced McAfee installation error or issue is ‘McAfee Installation stuck at 83’. Once this gets arose onto the device, an error message is displayed as shown below:

Steps to resolve the ‘McAfee Installation stuck at 83’:

By following the methods mentioned below, the users of McAfee Activate could easily fix the ‘McAfee Installation Stuck at 83’ issue, easily. The methods are as follows:

Execute the MCPR i.e. McAfee Customer Product Removal tool:

Visit the official website of McAfee i.e. Www.mcafee.com/activate, followed by moving onto the product section.

After this, do a search for the ‘MCPR’ tool or the McAfee Customer Product Removal tool.

And then, click the download button to get the setup file to the device. Also, do execute the installer to install the MCPR tool.

Once the setup gets successfully installed to the device. to do so, double click the setup file, followed by tapping the ‘Continue’ button to the security warning being displayed over the screen.

Now, onto the next screen, click the ‘Agree’ button in order to accept the End User License Agreement being related to this McAfee Activate product.

After this, enter the security code to the required field as displayed onto the screen, followed by tapping the ‘Next’ button.

Once the process gets completed, two messages will be displayed over the screen i.e. Removal complete or Cleanup Successful.

Launch the McAfee Pre-install tool:

From the official website of McAfee i.e. Mcafee.com/activate, download the ‘McAfee Pre-Install tool.

Thus, execute the installer to install the tool onto the device. Also, do follow the prompts displayed over the screen in order to complete the installation process.

Do read the warning message, followed by clicking the ‘OK’ button to make an agreement to it.

After this, execute this tool. And then, click the ‘OK’ button, followed by closing the window.

Restart the device.

Conclusion:

I hope, this article is quite helpful to the McAfee Activate users in getting them rid of ‘McAfee Installation Stuck at 83’ issue easily.