Zegras has some reaching do at Ducks training camp | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
JaimeShelby
JaimeShelby Dec 20 '23

IRVINE, Calif.-- Trevor Zegras reported to Anaheim Ducks training camp Tuesday and obtained a cozy welcome from brand-new trainer Greg Cronin." Initial point he did was take my stick and toss it in the edge, " Zegras said after the instructor stressed the protective end of the ice.Zegras, that was a limited freelance, signed a three-year agreement with the Ducks on Monday. Due to the absence of a contract, the 22-year-old missed the first two weeks of camp." Clearly, it is difficult. Every hockey player understands how vital training camp is, " Zegras stated. "Definitely some catching up to do, yet I really feel good." Zegras said he understands the areas where he requires to boost also." That was a large point with the agreement Radko Gudas Jersey, clearly, was playing the two-way game and figuring out both sides of the puck, " Zegras stated. "That was certainly a big emphasis from perspective. If you desire to play in this Organization, that's something you need to devote to, so I assume Cronin is most definitely the man for that." Zegras claimed he kept in shape as finest he could, most recently practicing with the U.S.A. Hockey National Group Development Program Under-18 team in Michigan. He likewise concerned Southern California a pair weeks before training camp and seen with a few of his Anaheim teammates.Soon after Cronin was worked with June 5 to change Dallas Eakins Leo Carlsson Jersey, he drove from Colorado to Boston to meet Zegras face to face. They additionally hung around together in Florida throughout the summertime." I seem like we have a quite great connection to begin things off, " Zegras stated. "The system is going to need to be something I notice, but a lot of good teammates in below that are certainly going to assist me out." A first-round pick by the Ducks at the 2019 NHL Draft, Zegras properly has presented his offensive abilities during his first 3 seasons in the Organization, scoring lacrosse-style objectives and while blindfolded throughout the Breakaway Difficulty at the 2022 NHL All-Star Skills Competition.He was a finalist for the Calder Prize provided to the very best newbie in the NHL in 2021-22, when he had 61 factors in 75 video games. He tied his NHL profession high in objectives and establish his occupation best in factors last season.Zegras has 139 factors in 180 regular-season video games, however establishing into a reliable two-way player is crucial to his long-term future with the Ducks." From Trevor's point ofview and from our standpoint, I believe there's much upside for Trevor, " Verbeek claimed Monday. "So we're considering this as a method for Trevor to become the gamer over the following 3 years that he wishes to end up being." Zegras claimed he interacts practically day-to-day with Anaheim defenseman Jamie Drysdale, a restricted freelance that remains without an agreement." Certainly, going via this is tough Brock McGinn Jersey, " Zegras stated. "When you have actually got your ideal pal experiencing it too, it makes it a whole lot easier, so definitely checking in with him practically on a daily basis."